Crash Juce Demo - AUDIO

Although the AUDIO part of the downloaded, pre-compiled Juce demo runs fine on my Vista 64-bit PC, my own VC++ 2008 compiled Build crashes when switching to the AUDIO part of the demo (the rest runs ok). The compiling and linking progressed without any warning (and of course no errors) :? (I’m using the Juce 1.46 package)

Microsoft Error messages (in Dutch):
Probleemhandtekening:
Gebeurtenisnaam van probleem: APPCRASH
Naam van de toepassing: jucedemo.exe
Versie van toepassing: 0.0.0.0
Tijdstempel van toepassing: 48691bb3
Naam van foutmodule: jucedemo.exe
Versie van foutmodule: 0.0.0.0
Tijdstempel van foutmodule: 48691bb3
Uitzonderingscode: c0000005
Uitzonderingsmarge: 000f6591
Versie van besturingssysteem: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Landinstelling-id: 1043
Aanvullende informatie 1: fd00
Aanvullende informatie 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Aanvullende informatie 3: fd00
Aanvullende informatie 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

TAD

Ok, well try the tip from SVN, and if it still crashes, you should be able to see what’s going on in the debugger. But I’m in the middle of a big audio rewrite anyway, so might be worth waiting a few days…

I downloaded the Juce 1.46 tip from SVN, but then I got the following compiler-error while trying to build the Juce demo:
c:\Users\A\Music\vsti_programming\test juce\juce_amalgamated.cpp|18228|fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘Movies.h’: No such file or directory|

…and indeed I couldn’t find Movies.h anywhere…

It’s a quicktime header - you’d need to install the quicktime sdk for that, or disable JUCE_QUICKTIME. Didn’t I add a comment explaining this next to the line that does the include?

Well, I admit being a Juce newbee, but this doesn’t seem to work for me. After having commented out the Quicktime stuff in juce_Config.h, saving the file and doing a rebuild all, I’m still getting the same compiler-error…

If you’re using the amalgamated file, you need to disable the config flag before including the juce_amalgamated.cpp and .h

i had similar problems:

i installed vc++ express 2008 and downloaded juce v1.46.
the build of juce was no problem at all.

but then i tried to compile the jucedemo, and i also got
the error caused by missing “movies.h”.

changing in “juce_Config.h” did not solve the problem,
so i changed the “juce_AppConfig.h”:

#define JUCE_QUICKTIME 0
and
#define JUCE_ASIO 0

thats it !

after that it compiled without any errors and runs fine :slight_smile:

hope that helps,
matthias