Running Jucedemo in Visual Express is diff. from when not!

Hi

This i probably not Juce related but I hope someone will help answer my question.

I notice that when running the JuceDemo from Visual Express (in both release or debug mode) it crashes when I go to the audio-demo
and choose my ASIO soundcard (a digidesgign digiRack 003+). I tried to update the juce library files using SVN and compiled it and found that this didn’t solve the problem. When I then run the juce-demo directly from the build directory it works well.

Can anyone please tell me what could be the problem here?

Jules (I write to you here because you seem to read all the threads posted here and I would like to avoid posting two mails in a row):

When I downloaded the lastest files from you trunk-repository I noticed that some h-files where included differently than in the latest release,
these are:

…\src\juce_core\io\streams\juce_GZIPDecompressorInputStream.cpp(73) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘zlib.h’: No such file or directory

…\src\juce_appframework\gui\graphics\imaging\image_file_formats\juce_PNGLoader.cpp(94) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘png.h’: No such file or directory

…\src\juce_appframework\gui\graphics\imaging\image_file_formats\juce_JPEGLoader.cpp(119) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘jpeglib.h’: No such file or directory

I included the directories in Visual Express and it compiles smoothly! Just an observation!

Thanks
Thomas

I’ve seen that too, and came to the conclusion that Digidesign are deliberately crashing when the debugger is used, to try to stop it being hacked. No idea if that’s true, but I can’t think why else it’d happen.

For the includes, maybe you’re using a custom juce_Config.h? I’ve added some items to it that you probably need to get, like JUCE_INCLUDE_ZLIB_CODE

[quote=“jules”]I’ve seen that too, and came to the conclusion that Digidesign are deliberately crashing when the debugger is used, to try to stop it being hacked. No idea if that’s true, but I can’t think why else it’d happen.

For the includes, maybe you’re using a custom juce_Config.h? I’ve added some items to it that you probably need to get, like JUCE_INCLUDE_ZLIB_CODE[/quote]

Thanks for the reply

Yes I just tried some other ASIO compatible soundcards and they dont cause a problem as with the Digi003+

It seems I had accidentially changed the juce_config.h which was the reason for not being able to compile with zlib.h amongst other files.

Again Thanks
Thomas

True. Thanks to their great ilok protection… Portaudio does blacklist the digidesign asio driver when the debugger is started: http://www.portaudio.com/trac/ticket/28