Announcement: Tracktion Engine 2.0 public beta

As discussed previously I’ve now merged the Tracktion Engine 2.0 feature branch to develop.
We’re building Waveform on this so it should be stable enough but the API might be tweaked a little bit until we’re happy to move it to the main branch.

It’s probably a good time to start exploring the new structure, types and features if you’re using it for development. I hope to get it in a finished state in the next month or two.

Please check the transition document for all the details: tracktion_engine/Engine_2.0_Transition.md at feature/engine_2_0 · Tracktion/tracktion_engine · GitHub

9 Likes

Yay! Only took 22 years to get some strongly-typed time and beat position classes into the codebase! :slight_smile:

Well done Dave on getting this over the line!

4 Likes

Congrats! What a huge job! :tada:

Just checking on this now… Looks like the link is dead. Is 2.0 still available somewhere? Back in development?

Checkout the develop branch :slight_smile:
And the transition document is here:

1 Like

It looks like I can’t edit that post now but here’s an updated link for anyone reading this thread in the future:

Please check the transition document for all the details: tracktion_engine/Engine_2.0_Transition.md at develop · Tracktion/tracktion_engine · GitHub