Anyone having issues loading JUCE plugins in Waveform 11 + Ubuntu?

I tried loading a plugin I’ve been working on into Waveform 11 and got the message:

Note that the following files appeared to be plugin files but failed to load correctly

followed by my own plugin and a few carla components. I made a brand new audio plugin with Projucer, and tried to load it; but I received the same error.

My prototype, the demo plugin, and all of the Carla components work in Reaper, so I’m not sure what the issue is.

JUCE v 6.01 Build: Jul 7, 2020
Ubuntu Studio 20.04.1 LTS

I experienced this issue as well. Running kubuntu 20.04 and waveform free. I am not sure what is wrong. The plugins are 64 bit and waveform is 64 bit so thats not the issue. The plugin bundles all seem to be correct with the right folder structure. It may be that waveform does not support VST3 on linux or something although I cant find anything really that states it doesnt.

Thanks for the heads up. I think I’ll try giving vst2 a shot then sometime later this week and see how that goes.

Make sure you have the latest version of Waveform Free. VST3 hosting didn’t arrive in JUCE until Version 6, and Waveform Free shortly after that. The plugin hosting is the same as in the JUCE plugin host. Can the plugin host load your plugin?

Honestly, I’ve never used it. I’ve been using a combination of valgrind, gdb, Reaper, and readouts to csv to debug. That’s something else I should probably take a look at. :sweat_smile:

With that said, I’m using Waveform11 Pro. Either way that’s another good test.