Maybe our project is set up wrong. It is set up directly in XCode (and Visual Studio on Windows). It's not possible for us to use the IntroJucer. Do you know of any custom settings to allow debugging in the projects generated by the IntroJucer?
I can set breakpoints successfully only on some of the source lines. For instance here in juce_TextEditor.cpp:
bool TextEditor::keyPressed (const KeyPress& key)
1→ if (isReadOnly() && key != KeyPress ('c', ModifierKeys::commandModifier, 0))
2→ return false;
3→ if (! TextEditorKeyMapper<TextEditor>::invokeKeyFunction (*this, key))
if (key == KeyPress::returnKey)
If I enable 1 it never breaks. If I enable 2 then it will break when I press Enter in the text box, but it will break on line 3 (and continue below if I step).
I have verified via the lldb command line the .lldbinit file is read correctly.
I don't think I have any optimisation enabled. I have the Build Configuration set to Debug in the Scheme Editor, and the compiler is definitely using -O0 and including debug symbols. I'm not sure if I need to change any linker settings.