Appcode IDE, anyone?

anyone using this, i just opened the Introjucer project and it built fine. Any experience with this any tips ?

I guess I'm really late to the party, but I was looking for an alternative to Xcode.

Just thought I'd bring my 2¢: AppCode is an unbelievably better experience than Xcode - being more intuitive, customisable and having many useful features (fantastic refactoring tools).

Strongly suggest looking into it - especially if you're needing to work on a Mac but used to Visual Studio, as I find they resemble.

It's not free, running (99$ USD for individuals) - but you can try it out with the 30 day trial.

I tried AppCode recently, mainly because with large projects Xcodes live issues, code completion, comment lookup and source file jumping really grind to a halt. I've also found problems where breakpoints fail to trigger.

Although the refactoring tools in AppCode look quite good I can't really see them saving a huge amount of time. AppCode still really struggled with jumping to definitions code completion etc. in the same way as Xcode. I have a feeling that the way C++ is preprocessed is just making life difficult for LLVM.

I've also found problems where breakpoints fail to trigger

In AppCode or Xcode? Can't say I've seen that in AppCode yet - definitely have in Xcode...

AppCode still really struggled with jumping to definitions 

That's one issue that I have noticed... it's easy enough to work around, but it is annoying - especially since it's one of the most common things I use.

Although the refactoring tools in AppCode look quite good I can't really see them saving a huge amount of time. 

Depends on the project(s); a lack of coding standards and slapped-together designs (Making It WorkTM) that are being addressed late in the game make good use of these tools.