Au Generator not appearing - need help!

I’m having an issue which is driving me crazy: If I set my plugin au type to kAudioUnitType_Generator, the plugin will not showup in Abelton or Garagbage. If I set it to kAudioUnitType_MusicEffect, there is no issue, howver, this is problematic because the nature of the plugin requires the processBlock method to always be called. From my understanding having the plugin set as a generator + having an infinite tail should solve this problem.

I’ve run the auval command and it’s detecting my plugin with no issues, so I’m really at a loss to figure out why it wont show up when the type is generator…

EDIT: Oh I went into more detail, auval is returning the following for my plugin: a_require: ValidFormat(inScope, inElement, newDesc) InvalidFormat /Users/nicholaslaroche/Downloads/JUCE/modules/juce_audio_plugin_client/AU/CoreAudioUtilityClasses/AUBase.cpp:870

EDIT #2: OK so I was not understanding auval, but the issue was although I switched from effect to generator, it was failing validation due to the midi inputs being at 2 instead of 0, apparently generators cannot have midi input… switched it, auval passes with flying, colours, and my damn plugin still wont show up in Live or GB…

Any ideas??