AU Manufacturer Name doesn't change

Hi!

I’m changing the Plugin Manufacturer of my plugin from the Projucer. It works fine for VST3 plugin, but not for the AU one.
Is it necessary to change something else?

You probably have to reboot and rescan for plugins. The Mac Component Manager caches that info someplace, and when changing any of the IDs or the bus arrangement, you have to get it to forget the old version and scan the new one, and the only way I know to reliably make sure that happens is to reboot and rescan.

If I remember correctly then incrementing the plugin version in the projucer (or build settings) can help.

Failing that you might need to reset the AU cache as per this pose on Arturia’s forum: https://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization/how-do-i-clear-my-audio-unit-cache

There’s also a reference to terminating the AudioComponentRegistrar process on Steinberg’s forum:

I’ve been using this little shell script to do both:

#!/bin/sh

killall -9 AudioComponentRegistrar

if [ -d ~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache ]
then
    rm -R ~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache
fi

It would be good to know what other people’s strategies are, saving doing these things (and anything else necessary) manually. But that works for me in cases of plugin metadata that doesn’t get re-cached when changed.

2 Likes

Hi!

I’ve resolved my problem by simply rebooting my Mac. It really seemed a cache problem. I’ll continue to investigate!

Thank you very much :slight_smile: