Position: Audio Engine Programmer
Company: Soundpaint / 8Dio
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Type: [Full-Time/Contract/Part-Time/Hybrid or Remote]
About Soundpaint / 8Dio
Established in 2011, 8Dio (BAFTA and TEC Awarded) has rapidly evolved to become an industry pioneer in audio sampling with one of the largest sampled instrument catalogs.
Situated in the epicenter of music and visual production in Santa Monica, we’ve been at the forefront of driving innovation in the audio industry. From our collaboration with Dave Smith in launching the TEC Award-winning synthesizer, The Prophet X, in 2018, to our groundbreaking Soundpaint sampling engine introduced in 2021, our innovations have consistently set new benchmarks. Our contributions, such as the invention of Deep Sampling and HAL, have left indelible marks on the industry. Our instruments are used in most blockbuster hits, top-40, prime-time TV, AAA games productions etc.
If working in the audio domain feels like your calling, you’re in the right place with Soundpaint. Our dedication to our team is reflected in our inclusive benefits, which include an unlimited vacation policy, 401K and profit sharing, and reimbursement of health insurance up to 50%. We are strong believers in a flat organization where every voice counts equally.
- Evolve the design and evolution of our cutting-edge Soundpaint Engine Platform
- Delve into advanced audio programming harnessing C++, DSP, and associated technologies.
- Seamlessly integrate systems with VST/AU/AAX plugin frameworks and JUCE 7.
- Craft solutions aligned with market trends, ensuring user-centric product offerings.
- Engage with our global user base (over 500K users), incorporating feedback to enhance product quality.
- Expertise in C++ and relevant languages for audio engine development.
- Deep understanding of DSP and low-level programming, especially in the audio domain.
- Deep Proficiency with JUCE 6-7
- Acquaintance with VST / AU / AAX plugin frameworks.
- Experience with music audio engines like Kontakt, UVI Falcon, Play and others.
- Exceptional written communication skills for precise documentation.
- Prior experience in DSP Effects programming is highly desirable (ex. Analog Modeled FX).
- Direct experience with building Hi-Res Time-Stretchers, Tempo-Sync Tools is highly desirable.
- Ability to multitask and oversee multiple project aspects simultaneously.
Who Should Apply:
If you have a nuanced grasp of audio programming, have crafted audio engines or plugins, and align with our pursuit of excellence and vision, we welcome you to join our innovative team. We are specifically interested in individuals with high drive and a desire to create something extraordinary.
Interested candidates fitting the criteria are encouraged to send their cover letter, updated CV, and compensation expectations to Tawnia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure you fulfill the outlined requirements before submitting your application.
Looking forward to hearing from you!