Audio Plugin alongside GUI interface

Hello,

New to VST hosting, and haven’t used C++ or Visual Studio in awhile so bare with me please.

I choose the AudioPlugin user the IntroJucer, it built my Visual Studio 2008 project for me. My question is how do I go about adding a GUI to this project that was created by the Jucer. This may be more of a question about Visual Studio, but I assumed many of you on this forum have done something similar before.

Thank you

In Jucer just create a new component, and add graphics to it. You can then also add Juce’s standard controls as subcomponents.

Jucer will create the related .h and .cpp files for you.

You’ll need to add these to your project, include the .h file in PluginEditor.h, and create your component just like you would a standard slider or button.

Do you think you can mange from here?

MarC provided Jucer-editable PluginEditor.h/.cpp files here. All you need to do is replacing the files and changing the class name (e.g. MyPluginProcessorEditor instead of JuceDemoPluginAudioProcessorEditor).

Chris

This is going to sound really stupid but where do I find the “Jucer”? and do i have to build it?

juce/extras/the jucer

And yes, you need to build it. But that’s not hard to do.

[quote=“ckk”]MarC provided Jucer-editable PluginEditor.h/.cpp files here. All you need to do is replacing the files and changing the class name (e.g. MyPluginProcessorEditor instead of JuceDemoPluginAudioProcessorEditor).

Chris[/quote]

No problem compiling the example Audio Plugin from /extras/audio plugin

But no luck if I only replace the original files with these: here

I think I need to rename the “old” PluginEditor.h to PluginEditor_jucer.h
(is a #include PluginEditor_jucer.h, the “original PluginEditor.h”?)
I need to make more changes in the code?

(I am a newcomer to Juce, sorry for the inconvenience)

thanks in advance