AUs in Xcode

I was using a newer version of the Introjucer than the modules ... 

New introjucer expects to use the included AudioUnit stuff.  Older modules don't have it...

I'm using the latest Introjucer but cannot see where I define the Plugin AU SDK path?

Using the latest Introjucer and Juce modules has broken my AU build...

EDIT:

I closed and reopened my AU project in the Introjucer, opened in Xcode and now it's building fine, and that's without the CoreAudio files being inside the Xcode app bundle.

I assume the path to the CoreAudio AU SDK is defined in the AU Wrapper files, rather than the Introjucer?

We removed the requirement for you to provide those CoreAudio files, and embedded all the code we need inside juce itself now. The latest version of the introjucer sorts all of this out for you.

Good stuff smiley

Since JUCE is coming with it's own CoreAudio files I'm not able to compile against the 10.6 SDK anymore as the AudioComponentPlugInInterface cannot be found. I guess there are some more things missing.

Do you have to build with the 10.6 SDK? We used to build on Xcode 3 until at some point we decided to drop powerpc/10.4 support and we have been using new Xcodes happily ever since

Yes, with Apple's current Core Audio Utility Classes (that are now also a part of JUCE as you noticed), I believe it won't build with anything below the 10.7 SDK.

If you absolutely need to compile with the 10.6 SDK (why?) I am afraid you may need to stick to an older JUCE version.

My OS X build machine is on 10.8, so using the 10.7 SDK in 10.6. compatiblity mode is not a problem. Actually that would save me a lot of trouble. I could finally make use of c++ 11.....yeah!

The reason why I use 10.6 is that I was once told that compatiblity mode does not really make sure that the binary is 100% compatible as it doesn't prevent you from calling a function that might not be availible on the tareget platform. Is that still a valid point?

Well if you want 10.6 compatilibty you cannot use c++11 AFAIK as it's only there since 10.7

Yes, but as far as I know, I can use C++11 with XCode 5.11 and a 10.7 SDK in 10.6 compatiblety mode ;)

Besides compiling c++11 in static library I don't see how.

See

http://www.juce.com/forum/topic/compiling-106-108-c11-woes

Best news in a long time. For me not having to deal with this kind of hazzling is a core point of paying for JUCE rather than fancy features actually....Fancy features are nice though.

Hello,

sorry to bring this up again, I’ve been having some rez errors, seemingly crept up out of no where. The only thing I can think of is that I cleaned the xcode project, which removed some old valid files, and it re-compiled with an updated version of xcode (7.3.1) and I’m now completely stuck. Here is the error:

> [...]/JuceLibraryCode/modules/juce_audio_plugin_client/AU/AUResources.r:89: ### /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez - Badly formed expression.
> [...]/JuceLibraryCode/modules/juce_audio_plugin_client/juce_audio_plugin_client_AU.r: ### /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez - Since errors occurred, /Users/jonathanthorpe/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Relay-gznmewrtzrpwuafyzllzfeggfwmv/Build/Intermediates/Relay.build/Debug/Relay (AU).build/ResourceManagerResources/Objects/juce_audio_plugin_client_AU.rsrc's resource fork was not written.
> Command /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez failed with exit code 2

I’ve tried quite a few things:

• Deleted the build folder, build products, derived data, juce modules and regenerated with Projucer (4.2.1), rebuilt from scratch.
  • Tried to create a new vanilla audio plug-in, now get the same rez error.
  • Checked out the latest master branch (4.2.2), build the Projucer and Audio Host, same error.
  • Checked out the latest develop branch (4.2.2, commit 7abbf67), build the Projucer and Audio Host, regenerated the project, same error.
  • Unchecked AU, only build AUv3, build works but Plugin Host wont run it (Error dialog: “No compatible plug-in format exists for this plugin”).

I don’t really see what else I can do, last resort would be to somehow check with a previous version of Xcode (which isn’t easy to get with all the new AppStore way of doing things). It really seems to me that it worked, then Xcode updated behind my back, then it still worked, then I cleaned the project, and it broke with no way of getting even a development environment working. Any suggestion would be very very welcome.

As of Xcode update Sept 20 2019, AU no longer compiling. Producing Rez Error; failing with exit code 3.

AU.build/ResourceManagerResources/Objects/include_juce_audio_plugin_client_AU.rsrc's resource fork was not completely updated.

Command /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez failed with exit code 3

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

@deltasoundlabs I confirm. Same issue.