Using the latest version of Juce (1.54.27) and Introjucer, I generated a Audio Plugin and loaded it into Xcode 3.1.3 on Leopard 10.5.8.
It compiles fine, and the Audio Unit works okay when loaded in Peak. However, upon further trials, I discovered that “auval -a” was not recognizing the plugin. This is preventing it from being used in Logic Pro, etc. (obviously).
Any ideas what the issue could be?
Is your Audio Unit in the correct folder?
Did you try to delete the cache file?
Well, if it wasn’t in the right directory, it wouldn’t work in Peak right?
It turns out that I installed AUVAL version 1.1.1b11 recently. And, since my last post, I’ve managed to locate and properly verify the plugin using Logic Pro’s audio unit manager. I find this really strange since Logic’s audio unit manager outputs AUVAL verification data and when running AUVAL from the Terminal the plugin is still not recognized… (I am also aware of the -64 flag and that is not the issue)
I don’t know how Peak works so that’s why I asked.
In Logic Audio Unit Validation Result, you can see the argument passed to auval
VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: 'aumu' - 'Xxxx' - 'Yyyy'
where Xxxx is your plugin code and Yyyy your manufacturer code.
Try calling auval like this:
auval -v aumu 'Xxxx' 'Yyyy'
It should work.
If not, try delete your audio unit cache.