Beginner Needs Help With Build Errors on VS Community 2015

Hi there,

I am a complete beginner at using JUCE and C++ so please bare with me, my aim is to make a simple VST Plugin for the first time. 

I run the Introjucer and create a new project for VS 2015 (using windows 10), globally adding the steinberg VST sdk paths and ticking VST and VST3, midi in, midi out in the project settings. I save and export to IDE VS 2015...

I then build it as soon as it loads for testing and  get build errors such as this....

1>c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '\\?\C:\JUCE\modules\juce_audio_basics\juce_audio_basics.cpp': No such file or directory
1>  juce_audio_devices.cpp
1>c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '\\?\C:\JUCE\modules\juce_audio_devices\juce_audio_devices.cpp': No such file or directory
1>  juce_audio_formats.cpp
1>  juce_audio_processors.cpp
1>c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '\\?\C:\JUCE\modules\juce_audio_formats\juce_audio_formats.cpp': No such file or directory
1>c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '\\?\C:\JUCE\modules\juce_audio_processors\juce_audio_processors.cpp': No such file or directory
1>  juce_core.cpp
1>c:\users\james_\documents\newproject2\jucelibrarycode\modules\juce_audio_basics\juce_audio_basics.h(4): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: '\\?\C:\JUCE\modules\juce_audio_basics\juce_audio_basics.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\..\Source\PluginEditor.cpp)
1>c:\users\james_\documents\newproject2\jucelibrarycode\modules\juce_audio_basics\juce_audio_basics.h(4): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: '\\?\C:\JUCE\modules\juce_audio_basics\juce_audio_basics.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\..\Source\PluginProcessor.cpp)
1>  juce_cryptography.cpp
1>c1xx : fatal

There is many more, its obvious that it some sort of simple path error but I have no knowledge on how to fix this, any help would be great, thanks.  

It's because of an issue which should be already or very soon fixed on the JUCE team side.

To fix it right now, go back in the Introjucer, open your project, open the Config tab, click on any module (say juce_audio_basics) and change its path by removing the extra "\\?\".

Then click on "modules". You will see on the right the list of all the modules with their paths. Click on the name of the module you have just updated, and then on the button "Set paths for all modules" and select "copy the path ....".

Now all the paths are good again. You can save your project and open it in Visual Studio 2015, where the compilation should work.

Massive thanks, I knew it was something simple. 

FYI, I'm working on fixing this very soon! Sorry for any inconvencience caused!

6 years later and the same happens to me.

Same here