Big new project: audio plugin host

Sure - I think I already added the changes, I just need to add the build stuff. Will do that shortly…

gr8 thanx :slight_smile:

testing if it works out of the box !

this is a super feature, thanks for your effort Jules!

I dare almost not ask : would it be very hard to wrap the new host functionality with the existing plugin model? That would allow to build all kinds of bridges between plugin formats… … and this cross platform… would be breath-taking!

Well yes, that’d certainly be possible, though Angus and Skot from fxpansion might come round and damage your kneecaps if you start stepping on their VST adapter territory…

wow, not my intention to anger anyone - i’d rather keep my kneecaps in their current condition :slight_smile:

but seriously, if there’s any patent or other legal barrier then of course it’s a dead-end. If not, I see possibilities… not just bridges per se, but, for instance, think creative new kinds of automated parameter mangling…, or layering, or any other kinds of “meta”-plugins so to speak. I don’t think that territory is already well-explored

yeah, go for it. The only thing you’re not allowed to do is a VST-to-RTAS converter, because the Digi developer contract forbids that.