Build Errors with IntroJucer Project

Hi All,

I am new to JUCE. I used IntroJuicer and it generated a Vis C++ project that I am using with VC++ 10. First, I noticed that the project does not have an AppConfig.h file. But I tried to build it anyway and got the following errors:

Creating “.\Debug\My First JUCE.unsuccessfulbuild” because “AlwaysCreate” was specified.
ClCompile:
Main.cpp
c:\users\charles r. hardnett\documents\juce apps\first app\jucelibrarycode\juceheader.h(16): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘/juce_amalgamated.h’: No such file or directory
JuceLibraryCode1.cpp
c:\users\charles r. hardnett\documents\juce apps\first app\jucelibrarycode\jucelibrarycode1.cpp(14): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘AppConfig.h’: No such file or directory
JuceLibraryCode2.cpp
c:\users\charles r. hardnett\documents\juce apps\first app\jucelibrarycode\jucelibrarycode2.cpp(14): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘AppConfig.h’: No such file or directory
JuceLibraryCode3.cpp
c:\users\charles r. hardnett\documents\juce apps\first app\jucelibrarycode\jucelibrarycode3.cpp(14): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘AppConfig.h’: No such file or directory
JuceLibraryCode4.cpp
c:\users\charles r. hardnett\documents\juce apps\first app\jucelibrarycode\jucelibrarycode4.cpp(14): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘AppConfig.h’: No such file or directory
Generating Code…

I then changed the include in juceheader.h to remove the leading ‘/’. this got rid of that error, but and then I did the following in each of the amalgamation files (changing 1 to 2, 3, and 4 respectively):

//#include “AppConfig.h”
#include “juce_Config.h”
//#include “/amalgamation/juce_amalgamated1.cpp”
#include “amalgamation/juce_amalgamated1.cpp”

This compiles and then jumps into the debugger on the debug and the release version. I don’t understand why that is. So here are my questions:

1. Is introjuicer not updated for the newer library - 1.54.27?
  2. Do I need the AppConfig.h file and how do I get it in the project automatically? or do I have to manually add it? I don’t see one in my bundle btw.
  3. What is causing the problems with the includes having the leading ‘/’ that does not work? is there something I need to do in the configuration to fix this?

Thanks.

Just an update. I tried this again using a GUI setting and having introjucer generate the main.cpp and mainWindow.cpp. I still have to make the changes to the headers, but this configuration brings up a window. So its progress, but I still have the questions.

(It’s spelt ‘introjucer’…)

Sounds like you’ve just downloaded the pre-compiled introjucer app and are using it with some other version of the library - the safest thing to do is just to build it yourself from whatever version of the code you’re using, and run that instead, so it’ll always be compatible.

Thanks for the reply. I’ll try that. Sorry about the mispelling.

I tried it and it works perfectly now. Thank you.