Build Errors with IntroJucer Project


#1

Hi All,

I am new to JUCE. I used IntroJuicer and it generated a Vis C++ project that I am using with VC++ 10. First, I noticed that the project does not have an AppConfig.h file. But I tried to build it anyway and got the following errors:

Creating “.\Debug\My First JUCE.unsuccessfulbuild” because “AlwaysCreate” was specified.
ClCompile:
Main.cpp
c:\users\charles r. hardnett\documents\juce apps\first app\jucelibrarycode\juceheader.h(16): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘/juce_amalgamated.h’: No such file or directory
JuceLibraryCode1.cpp
c:\users\charles r. hardnett\documents\juce apps\first app\jucelibrarycode\jucelibrarycode1.cpp(14): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘AppConfig.h’: No such file or directory
JuceLibraryCode2.cpp
c:\users\charles r. hardnett\documents\juce apps\first app\jucelibrarycode\jucelibrarycode2.cpp(14): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘AppConfig.h’: No such file or directory
JuceLibraryCode3.cpp
c:\users\charles r. hardnett\documents\juce apps\first app\jucelibrarycode\jucelibrarycode3.cpp(14): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘AppConfig.h’: No such file or directory
JuceLibraryCode4.cpp
c:\users\charles r. hardnett\documents\juce apps\first app\jucelibrarycode\jucelibrarycode4.cpp(14): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘AppConfig.h’: No such file or directory
Generating Code…

I then changed the include in juceheader.h to remove the leading ‘/’. this got rid of that error, but and then I did the following in each of the amalgamation files (changing 1 to 2, 3, and 4 respectively):

//#include “AppConfig.h”
#include “juce_Config.h”
//#include “/amalgamation/juce_amalgamated1.cpp”
#include “amalgamation/juce_amalgamated1.cpp”

This compiles and then jumps into the debugger on the debug and the release version. I don’t understand why that is. So here are my questions:

  1. Is introjuicer not updated for the newer library - 1.54.27?
  2. Do I need the AppConfig.h file and how do I get it in the project automatically? or do I have to manually add it? I don’t see one in my bundle btw.
  3. What is causing the problems with the includes having the leading ‘/’ that does not work? is there something I need to do in the configuration to fix this?

Thanks.


#2

Just an update. I tried this again using a GUI setting and having introjucer generate the main.cpp and mainWindow.cpp. I still have to make the changes to the headers, but this configuration brings up a window. So its progress, but I still have the questions.


#3

(It’s spelt ‘introjucer’…)

Sounds like you’ve just downloaded the pre-compiled introjucer app and are using it with some other version of the library - the safest thing to do is just to build it yourself from whatever version of the code you’re using, and run that instead, so it’ll always be compatible.


#4

Thanks for the reply. I’ll try that. Sorry about the mispelling.


#5

I tried it and it works perfectly now. Thank you.