Build Variant errors when importing Dynamic Library into Android Studio

I am in the process of importing a Dynamic Library project (created by Projucer), into an Android Studio project (via New -> Import Module)

I have got the thing building, but when I try and run it I am hitting this error:

Cannot choose between the following variants of project :../MyLib/Builds/Android/lib:
  - debug_DebugApiElements
  - release_DebugApiElements
All of them match the consumer attributes:
  - Variant 'debug_DebugApiElements':
      - Required com.android.build.api.attributes.BuildTypeAttr 'debug' and found compatible value 'debug'.
      - Found com.android.build.api.attributes.VariantAttr 'debug_Debug' but wasn't required.
      - Required com.android.build.gradle.internal.dependency.AndroidTypeAttr 'Aar' and found compatible value 'Aar'.
      - Found default 'debug_' but wasn't required.
      - Required org.gradle.usage 'java-api' and found compatible value 'java-api'.
      - Required org.jetbrains.kotlin.platform.type 'androidJvm' but no value provided.
  - Variant 'release_DebugApiElements':
      - Required com.android.build.api.attributes.BuildTypeAttr 'debug' and found compatible value 'debug'.
      - Found com.android.build.api.attributes.VariantAttr 'release_Debug' but wasn't required.
      - Required com.android.build.gradle.internal.dependency.AndroidTypeAttr 'Aar' and found compatible value 'Aar'.
      - Found default 'release_' but wasn't required.
      - Required org.gradle.usage 'java-api' and found compatible value 'java-api'.
      - Required org.jetbrains.kotlin.platform.type 'androidJvm' but no value provided.

@fabian @ed95 do you have any clues?
My main project’s build.gradle includes both debug and release in buildTypes

So this is nothing to with JUCE or Projucer.

In my app’s build.gradle I was adding the library dependency like so:

dependencies {
    //...
    implementation project (':../MyLib/Builds/Android/lib')
}

I changed it to this to fix the issue:

dependencies {
    //...
    implementation project (path: ':../MyLib/Builds/Android/lib', configuration: 'default')
}