Building audio plugins on snow leopard

Hi all! I recently had to upgrade to Snow Leopard. At first everything was bliss, untill I opened up XCode and tried to build something. That was a bummer. Every one of my projects has had different errors and problems, but all the Juce related ones have been the most difficult.

Using gcc 4.0 and SDK 10.5 usually helps, but when it comes to plugins, I am royally screwed to say the least. I have tried to look in the demo audio plugin for help, but since Apple moved framework files and headers around, the demo is completely broken.

Have any of you had to do the same upgrade - if so, what is the easiest way?

Thanks in advance!

• A

Allright, I have been digging a little… I found the files that Apple moved around. I simply added the entire directory /Developer/Extras/CoreAudio to my pool of source files. Of these (f.i. CAAudioUnit.cpp) some doesn’t compile, so I removed these from the target - there were about five or six of them. Thinking this will probably cause problems later on, I got the thing to compile.

Now I am missing the PluginLibrary.xcodeproj referenced in “External frameworks and libraries” for linking. The path referenced is:
/Users/jules/stuff/PT_73_SDK/AlturaPorts/TDMPlugIns/PlugInLibrary/MacBuild/PluginLibrary.xcodeproj

• which is obviously not on my system. Deleting the reference allows me to compile. Linking however requires me to remove two more of the Apple files from above - I probably included way too many to begin with, but… Yeah.

So… Now I am going to build up a new plugin from the demo, slowly adding my old source files, dependencies, and whatnot. The next time someone says "boy, I can’t wait until Apple release ", I will say that I definetly can.

Sorry about the rant :slight_smile:

• A

Apart from the CoreAudio files moving, I don’t remember it being particularly bad…

[quote]Now I am missing the PluginLibrary.xcodeproj referenced in “External frameworks and libraries” for linking. The path referenced is:
/Users/jules/stuff/PT_73_SDK/AlturaPorts/TDMPlugIns/PlugInLibrary/MacBuild/PluginLibrary.xcodeproj

• which is obviously not on my system. Deleting the reference allows me to compile. [/quote]

That’s for an RTAS - you can safely lose it if you’re not targeting RTAS.