Can't compile on Linux

Tried to compile using the default Makefile provided in the extras/the jucer/build/linux directory and received the following output:

==== Building Jucer ====
jucer_Main.cpp
juce_LibrarySource.cpp
In file included from ../../src/juce_LibrarySource.cpp:14:
../../src/../../../juce_amalgamated.cpp:254382:27: warning: extra tokens at end of #ifdef directive
In file included from ../../src/juce_LibrarySource.cpp:14:
../../src/../../../juce_amalgamated.cpp:254386: error: variable or field ‘getDeviceSampleRates’ declared void
../../src/../../../juce_amalgamated.cpp:254386: error: ‘snd_pcm_t’ was not declared in this scope
../../src/../../../juce_amalgamated.cpp:254386: error: ‘handle’ was not declared in this scope
../../src/../../../juce_amalgamated.cpp:254386: error: expected primary-expression before ‘&’ token
../../src/../../../juce_amalgamated.cpp:254386: error: ‘rates’ was not declared in this scope
../../src/../../../juce_amalgamated.cpp:255965: error: expected `}' at end of input
make[1]: *** [build/intermediate/Debug/juce_LibrarySource.o] Error 1
make: *** [Jucer] Error 2

Any idea what I’m doing wrong? I already had the juce libs built but hadn’t done anything afterwards.

I should add that I built the juce demo without problems (and with working audio).

Did you run the premake script? The default makefile might not be quite right for your setup, so you’d need to use premake to update it.

Cleaned all the intermediate files with make clean and premake --clean and then ran the runpremake script that’s inside the the jucer/build/linux directory but still no luck. Seems like an ALSA lib issue of some sort.

It just looks like you’ve not included alsa correctly, or are somehow including a version that’s too old or new… Try getting the latest alsa library and trying again.