CMake iOS AUv3 Icon Target Membership not set

Just a small thing i noticed. I’m using ICON_BIG and ICON_SMALL to set the icon. The icon is generated as expected but it does not show up in the simulator or device because the Target Membership is not set for the AUv3 and Standalone target in the XCode project.

Can this be added, so that it selects the icons for all targets by default or do i miss something?

I hope that’s all for a while about CMake. I didn’t upload a CMake generated product to the app store so far, but it looks like it works now. I’m pretty happy with the CMake solution :slight_smile:

I’m struggling to reproduce this issue. To test, I’m adding ICON_BIG and ICON_SMALL to the example project in examples/CMake/AudioPlugin and adding AUv3 to the list of formats. When I open the project in Xcode, I can see the generated Images.xcassets folder, and when I select it I can see that the target membership is set correctly:

I’m using CMake 3.19 and Xcode 12.2. Which versions are you using? If you remove your build folder completely and configure from scratch, is the icon target membership set correctly?

I’m using CMake 3.19.1 and XCode 12.2. I deleted the build folder and still don’t have the Target Membership set.

I’ll let you know if i find out more about it.

Hi, reuk, I made an audio plugin for iOS recently and got the same issue, after I set the big and small icon in Projucer, when I run it on my iOS devices, the standalone app icon works fine, but the AUv3 one doesn’t, it still use the apple default orange AU icon, any clue for using Projucer to make it work?

I’ve found that if you want to build standalone AND AUv3 versions of a plugin, to get icons working you need to include them in the resource bundle (Assets.xcassets/AppIcon) … standalone, JUCE will use the icons you set in Projucer - but for use in an AUv3 bundle, XCode will look for Assets.xcassets/AppIcon …

Probably the thing to do would be for JUCE to create the Assets.xcassets files by default using the settings for BIG/SMALL_ICON …

Ok, but I already did the big/small icon setting in Projucer, but still couldn’t get the AUv3 icon work, it only shows in standalone app on iOS Home Screen, really weird.

I’m having a similar problem…I’m using CMake and the standalone icon is there and shows in the iPad’s Finder, but the AUv3 doesn’t show in GarageBand and AUM. I can see it in the Xcode project, in Images.xcassets/AppIcon.

I wonder if some kind of cacheing is going on here, but I’ve deleted the app, rebooted the iPad and rebuilt the app, still, nothing. Any ideas?