CPU type mismatch. Missing PPC support

Hi!

I haven’t developed anything in C++ since I left BeOS many years ago, so I’m very rusty. And I haven’t used either XCode nor JUCE before so I’m not really sure what I’m doing :slight_smile: I’ve wanted to try out JUCE for a couple years but never got the time. So I thought I’d try to take the time now and try to make my first audio plug with it.

I can compile JUCE just fine. And the Hello World app compiles fine as well. But I notice that they are both Intel only, and I fail to compile the other apps that comes with JUCE because of this.

I get this warning followed by a whole bunch of undefined symbols:

warning /Users/babu/Desktop/juce/bin/libjuce.a archive's cputype (7, architecture i386) does not match cputype (18) for specified -arch flag: ppc (can't load from it) warning prebinding disabled because of undefined symbols Undefined symbols: __ZN4juce11SystemStats10getNumCpusEv __ZN4juce11SystemStats12getCpuVendorEv __ZN4juce11SystemStats15getMACAddressesEPxi .....

So obviously it never compiles JUCE for PPC. I suppose that it has to do with me commenting out the 10.2.8 support part in the juce.xconfig file?

The thing is that I can’t find seem to find the 10.2.8 SDK, not even on apples site. Where do I find it?

Perhaps there’s another reason for this to happen?

Some help would be really sweet. I just want to get started so that I can start playing with JUCE :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Henrik

Well if you comment out the stuff that builds the PPC version, then yes, it’ll fail to build the PPC version!

You get the 10.2 SDK with XCode - it’s an option when you install it. But you could build the PPC version with 10.3 or 10.4 as well. I’ve done that with no problems, but you have to be careful about getting all the settings right.

[quote=“jules”]Well if you comment out the stuff that builds the PPC version, then yes, it’ll fail to build the PPC version!
[/quote]

I realize that :slight_smile: but I used the 10.3 option instead. I will try to find 10.2 in the XCode installer. Thanks!

At least i mananged to compile for intel only now. And I made my first VST ever last night :slight_smile: Much easier than I would have thought. Only a simple gate, but still.