Custom VST2 opcodes when both plugin and host written with JUCE

How can that be done? Do I need to alter the JUCE plugin client and host source codes to achieve it?

I guess this is something that isn’t done by anyone…? I can see the JUCE VST2 client code has some support for Presonus and Cockos specific stuff but I can’t quite figure out how it could be done cleanly for a plugin and a host that are both written with JUCE.

I’m not sure I follow the question, but you don’t need to use any plugin SDK if you just want to load AudioProcessor’s in an AudioProcessorGraph.

No, I don’t want to be directly including the AudioProcessor/plugin in my host’s source code. I want it to be a normal plugin that can be used in any host but with my own JUCE based host, I’d like to have some additional functionality.

Bear with me for a moment. So you want to create a VST plugin, that when loaded in your own host will have some extra features available to it? I think I have it now :wink: I’m not really sure, but can you not write a simple wrapper for your custom plugin type and then load that into the graph?

Well, the problem is that I don’t know what would be the most sensible thing to do and which would involve the minimum possible changes into the JUCE source code. This is especially frustrating as I have already managed to do a VST plugin that can be loaded in Cockos Reaper and which can use special functions from Reaper. But I just can’t quite figure out how this stuff should work if both the plugin and the host are written by me with JUCE… :unamused:

I don’t see why you would need to modify the JUCE source code at all? But perhaps I’m being a little naive…