Developer Needed for Final Stages of VST3 Cross-Platform (Mac + PC) UI, Data Management, and MIDI Project

Job Description: I’m looking for a skilled developer to help bring a nearly completed software project to the finish line. This project involves user interface design, data management, and MIDI integration, and is developed in JUCE on both Mac and PC platforms.

AI Tools: Experience with AI tools like GitHub Copilot and ChatGPT would be beneficial, as these are integrated into the development process to enhance productivity and code quality.

Project Details:

• Core Responsibilities: Resolve existing bugs, refine UI and data management functionalities.
  • Additional Tasks: There’s a need to implement or potentially redesign the software licensing system that should be integrated with Shopify. Your creative input on the system design would be greatly valued.

Project Stage: The project is about 90% complete but requires final touches and clean-up. The original developer had to step back due to personal reasons, leaving a solid and well-structured base that is easy to pick up, though not well documented, which is where the AI for a large part kicks in. Also since this is a UI heavy (not DSP) -project, with simple screens and well organized code, it should be fairly straight forward to pick up.

Your Options:

• Start Fresh: I’m open to a complete rewrite if it aligns better with your preferred development style.
  • Continue from Current Progress: Jumping straight into the existing codebase is the more straightforward option, focusing on closing out pending tasks.

What I Offer:

• Flexibility: I’m open to your methods and approach to development.
  • Support: You’ll have my full support, with detailed designs and functional descriptions ready to guide you.
  • Stability: This project has a clear scope with no surprises; it’s about enhancement and execution.
  • Next versions: For the right candidate there will be plenty of work after this, if you’d like.

Candidate Requirements:

• Experienced with JUCE and proficient in advanced C++ programming.
  • Familiarity with MIDI and software licensing.
  • Strong problem-solving skills and an eye for detail.

Interview Process: I’ll start with an initial screening followed by a video call to dive into project specifics and ensure a good fit.

I’m looking forward to be working with the right person. It’s a rather exciting and quite special project, wait and see !

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.