DSP Module Transparency

I’m sure that I’m not the only one wondering, but what is the status on the DSP module? Will a release date be published?

It’s frustrating not having a public roadmap, and especially release dates to warn us what’s coming in. I could be mistaken, but I believe the last big feature, audio bus support, was suddenly dropped on the GitHub repository - with only brief mentionings tucked deeply in the forum comments saying that it was on its way (without any kind of precision, I might add).

Some more transparency would be appreciated: it would help users plan project features with a bit more accuracy.

Yes, we've talked about making our roadmap public, just haven't had chance to do so yet.

Re: the DSP module, it's Fabian's pet project, but unfortunately he's been unwell recently which is why it's running late, and also why I don't have a date for it. It's high on our priority list though.

Is Roli an Agile house? If so, there's a good chance you're using Jira. I've been using Jira extensively the last year and enjoy it, and am rather certain you can make a Jira anonymously accessible.

We use fogbugz for various reasons, but I'm sure the same kind of thing is possible.

what is this DSP Module, and where can we read more about it? 

https://forum.juce.com/t/release-date-for-the-dsp-module

• http://help.fogcreek.com/8435/access-for-clientsnon-developers-in-fogbugz

I'm looking forward to it being opened up to the JUCErs! I often wonder what's going to happen in 6 months, 12 months... There are so many devices and feature possibilities, it would be nice to request them on a backlog and see what's planned.

Things like console game and app. support (yes, they're really different), 3D model loading with animation support, 3D positional audio, Chromecast, video playback (ffmpeg wrapper?) come to mind! I mean, at some point you said you wanted to target game developers... :)

On the subject of DSP, I would like to point out there is a good ##dsp IRC channel on Freenode.

Some of the guys there are using JUCE.

π