It’s probably something stupid by me so…
Step by step here’s what I’m doing.
Projucer on Mac: (Tried 4.3.0 & 4.3.1)
- Make default ‘hello world’ audio plugin project in Projucer
- Rename Target Project Folder to Builds/VisualStudio2015x64
- In Debug & Release change architecture to x64
On Win7 virtual machine (tried Win7 32 & Win7 64, release & debug)
- Open Visual Studio project
- Build it
On Win10 virtual machine (tried MS Edge VM and clean install from .iso)
- Point Reaper/Mulab to newly built DLL
- Clear cache & rescan VSTS
- Try load VST
VST will either load once then next session it disappears from the list. Or it’s never in the list.
Looking at Reapers reaper-vstplugins64.ini file, the plugin is listed but doesn’t have the last two fields. I’ve had other 3rd party plugins fail to load (Freakoscope on Mac) and they come up this way in the .ini file.
e.g. AAAA.dll == blank plugin project
(p.s. I sent a different plugin for beta testing last year to some engineers and they complained of 64bit version not working. I’m only getting around to troubleshooting this now. This was around April 2016 time using JUCE v4.1.0. The .dll I sent out at that time is exhibiting the same behaviour.)