Fyi

Version 1.5’s up there now, with a few fixes, etc.

Let me know how you get on with the fullscreen/minimise fixes, because I never had it go wrong on my PC so can’t be sure exactly what the problem was.

I just test the maximize/minimize with the little sampleeditor project we’ve got going and it seems to be working so far. :smiley: However, the minimize / restore normal at times still fails to repaint the entire window, leaving that small box in the upper left we talked about earlier. :cry:

Odd…

Anyways, If it works under borlandX, Im switching. Im too paranoid about all this VCex2k5 stuff expiring.

hehe… I just went and loaded C++Builder… and immediate got a headache.

ugh, if they charge for VCExpress, I just might have to buy it… :shock:

1.5 broke everything for me…

argh!! lesse who’s “fault” it was…

JUCE! Linking to: jucelib_static_debug.lib
Linking…
jucelib_static_debug.lib(juce_GlyphArrangement.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “void __cdecl operator delete[](void *)” (??_V@YAXPAX@Z)
jucelib_static_debug.lib(juce_win32_DirectSound.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “void __cdecl operator delete[](void *)” (??_V@YAXPAX@Z)
jucelib_static_debug.lib(juce_Typeface.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “void __cdecl operator delete[](void *)” (??_V@YAXPAX@Z)
jucelib_static_debug.lib(juce_ImageConvolutionKernel.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “void __cdecl operator delete[](void *)” (??_V@YAXPAX@Z)
jucelib_static_debug.lib(juce_GlyphArrangement.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “void * __cdecl operator new[](unsigned int)” (??_U@YAPAXI@Z)
jucelib_static_debug.lib(juce_win32_DirectSound.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “void * __cdecl operator new[](unsigned int)” (??_U@YAPAXI@Z)
jucelib_static_debug.lib(juce_Typeface.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “void * __cdecl operator new[](unsigned int)” (??_U@YAPAXI@Z)
jucelib_static_debug.lib(juce_ImageConvolutionKernel.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “void * __cdecl operator new[](unsigned int)” (??_U@YAPAXI@Z)
Debug/SampleEditor_007_mod.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

1.5 build errors with dev c++

void Process::terminate()
{

_CrtDumpMemoryLeaks();

failed to compile on dev c++, _CrtDumpMemoryLeaks() undeclared

probably need to do the ifndef for dev c++ also…

Errors in the dev c++ build instructions:

“Building JUCE with Microsoft DevC++:”

I guess its not from Microsoft…

“- Make sure you’ve installed the latest Platform SDK”

The Platform SDK is not needed, you can follow Modular instructions and get the Dev c++ direct sound support package.

If I do install the platform SDK, will it fix the above erros? I realy don’t like to install this SDK or any other huge stuff from Microsoft if I can avoid it…

god, it’s like spinning plates, trying to keep all these builds working at the same time. I’ll patch it up today…

Ok, let me know if this helps:

http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/juce/downloads/juce_1_5_1.zip

It builds for me in Borland now, though I can’t persuade it to link to an app - but I think the reason for that is that Borland C++ is a complete load of bollocks.

There’s a build project for it in this zip file but I don’t think I’ll keep it there or try to support it in future - everything about it just seems lame to me. Not even as good as free stuff like dev c++

It built ok with Dev c++ now although I had to comment out

since I did not install the platform SDK, I realy don’t want to…

If I comment it out will it change anything? I assume no since no compile error because its missing. If so I would like to see this in an #Ifdef in 1.6…although its not a big deal

BTW I have a lot of C++ experiecne from the past (up to VC4, before that Borland was better until Microsoft got their stuff together, like always), I even wrote general purpose class libraries and one that abstracted Windows GUI programming and one for using audio drivers (used internaly for some commercial projects). So after some (eight) years on Word and Power Point I was looking for a C++ environment and was surprised and impressed by Dev C++, it works great and very simple to use. I realy hope this will be always supportec by JUCE since its also open source and probably used by many. I didn’t yet debuged with it or did any DSP code so I still have to find out if it is good enough and I hope to find that soon using JUCE…it looks realy promising and motivating

Ok, I’ll lose the crtdbg.h - I didn’t notice it as in my setup it works with no probs.

Yes, Dev C++ is actually quite a cool bit of software. Now if only the debugger wasn’t useless…

Anyone tried Eclipse yet? That’s probably the IDE of the future, but I’ve not had time to try it. (Still uses gdb as its debugger though, so that’ll be a waste of time)

gdb is a wonderful debugger…

just no graphic interface for it that’s worth shit.

Just wait till you do the linux port Jules. You’ll be crying and crying and crying and…

Anyways, I got it to link in borland, but I have no idea what the fuck I did. I just tweaked for a few hours… I aint gonna fuck with it anymore, peice of shit.

I tried the debugging with Dev C++ 4.9.9.0 and debugged the VstXSynth example from the VST SDK running within MiniHost. Using the ‘Debug->Attach Process’ I could define breakpoints and watch variables without any knowledge of GDB, all in the graphical environment…

So can you be more specific about what is bad with debugging in Dev C++?