JUCE Dev-C++ support broken

I can’t build JUCE with 4.9.9.2. All .o files are there…

Executing make…
make.exe -f “H:\juce\build\win32\devcpp\Makefile.win” all
ar r …/…/…/libjuce.a …/…/…/bin/intermediate_devcpp/juce_Logger.o …/…/…/bin/intermediate_devcpp/juce_Random.o …/…/…/bin/intermediate_devcpp/juce_RelativeTime.o

long list of files

…/…/…/bin/intermediate_devcpp/juce_MenuBarComponent.o …/…/…/bin/intermediate_devcpp/juce_BubbleMessageComponent.o …/…/…/bin/intermediate_devcpp/juce_FileBasedDocument.o

libjuce.a: file failed to open

make.exe: *** […/…/…/libjuce.a] Error 1

Execution terminated

Any ideas how to fix this?

It was working last time I tried, but my Dev-Cpp version’s a bit out of date - I’ll get the latest one and try again…

Oh, and there’s one thing: there are no DirectX devpaks anymore beacause of legal issues (redistributing MS headers is illegal), so they have been taken down…

Ok, well I just got the latest version of everything and it built ok. I had a couple of problems, but they were Dev-cpp bugs - e.g. I had to create a “juce/bin” directory manually before it’d put the library in there. And then I needed to restart because it lost the plot. But it does seem to work.

My fault. I forgot that I’ve substituted MinGW’s ar and ld with other, faster versions. It seems that they are not fully-compatible. But… still, I can’t compile example app because of TONS of linker errors: undefined references - from Main.o and from libjuce.a.

What might be the reason?

The reason for the linker errors is probably that I forgot to add some files to the build (I don’t use devcpp myself so probably wouldn’t have noticed). I’ll be a bit more thorough at testing this in the next version, but it should be pretty obvious which files are missing.

I’ve added files that were missing. Now it works. Thanks!