How to glue several panels?

Hi there,
I hope everything goes fine.

Still exploring the amazing possibilities of GUI design, plugin oriented.

I’d like to create a “big” panel which would contain subpanels.
Each subpanels would contain buttons, knobs/Sliders etc.

What is the best way to do that?
One huge file with all inside in order to make easier the glue step with user interaction and pluginProcessor ?
One file (editable with the jucer) for each subpanel ? In that case, I can I glue them ?

The best way for me would be to use the jucer for each subpanel, and then the jucer again to glue the subpanel in a big component, this last one being drawn by processEditor

IF anyone could point/forward me to an example, it would be amazing

[quote]I’d like to create a “big” panel which would contain subpanels.
Each subpanels would contain buttons, knobs/Sliders etc.

What is the best way to do that?[/quote]

Thats basically how it is done.

Just have a large Component which will be the parent of everything inside of it i.e. you add a bunch of Components to this big Component, this will mainly just manage the layout and resizing etc.

These smaller ones (children components) can be something you made in the Jucer or coded manually. They’ll contain widgets i.e. buttons, sliders and they’re functionality.

When you’re making a GUI, make it easier for yourself by separating out the logic / state of the program from the actual GUI code. The GUI classes should just represent the data which will be somewhere else if that makes sense.

that makes sense.

I’ll hire someone for this “little” job of making me a template/skeleton.
It will be a good study case for me + a base for me to AT LAST put my dsp code inside a vst box :slight_smile:

after that, I’ll explore with my real case & needs and my skill will be a bit higher :slight_smile: