If I’ve got native format icons what’s the best way of adding them to a JUCE project?
I don’t have a Mac at hand right now to test but this is what I would do:
- save the Xcode project somewhere (for instance using
- open the Xcode project
- add the icns file as the icon in Xcode directly
- save the Xcode project again
- compare the new Xcode project and the previous state
- find the name of the Xcode setting that was added
- set that setting in the “Custom Xcode Flags” field in Projucer
I hope that helps.
I don’t know if this was ever resolved, but I think the solution goes like this:
Put both resolution images in a folder called, say, Resources.
Simply put a 512x512 png image in the “Small Icon” field of the XCode (Mac OSX) project info, and a 1024x1024 png image in the “Large Icon” field.
JUCER smartly creates an Icons.ICNS resource and assigns it to the project.
The App Store validation on the Icons is then resolved.
Hope this helps.
We had a project where the graphic artist had actually delivered the ICNS native format Icons instead of PNGS. I think we fell back to your solution though (more or less)…