Inno Setup vs AAX Plugins

I’m trying to write an installer for an AAX plugin but having issues with Inno Setup not properly copying the .aaxplugin folder.

Here’s the installer script, copied from one of the JUCE tutorials (https://docs.juce.com/master/tutorial_app_plugin_packaging.html):

[Setup]
AppName=Test
AppVersion=1.0
DefaultDirName={cf}
DefaultGroupName=Test
OutputBaseFilename=Test

[Files]
Source: "MyPlugin.aaxplugin\*";  DestDir:    "{cf32}\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins\MyPlugin.aaxplugin"; Flags: recursesubdirs createallsubdirs;

The source .aaxplugin folder has the expected hierarchy:

MyPlugin.aaxplugin
L   Contents
    L   Resources
    L   Win32
        L   MyPlugin.aaxplugin
    L   x64

The source folder also has the AAX plugin icon:
And expecting the properties of the folder shows:

Now, when I run the installer, the folder is copied to the corrent folder with the correct heirarchy but it has now lost the AAX icon and shows a different size and number of files than the source:

Manually copying the source folder across works as expected and is recognised by Pro Tools, however the folder from the Inno Installer is not recognised.

Can anyone give any advice on how to fix this issue?

Somehow it’s lost ~0.4MB and two files, that don’t actually exist in Windows Explorer? Possibly some meta data being lost?

Comparing your flags to ours, we have overwritereadonly and ignoreversion set too but I assume they would only matter if the destination already exists?

One other difference is that our source is one level up from the .aaxplugin folder (the plug-in is the only item in the parent directory) and the destination is adjusted accordingly.

Not sure whether any of that will help, but they’re the only differences I can see and our installers work fine.

3 Likes

See:

Rail

5 Likes