Introjucer: "Module source folder" Environment Variable?

Hi Jules, I was just wondering if there is some sort of environment variable we can use in Introjucer projects to reference the path specified in the “Modules” page “Module source folder” box. As this is stored in the user’s preferences, not with the project it would be a nice way to specify the project to use the “global” modules list.

So under the export target’s “Local JUCE folder” we could use something like {USER_MODULE_DIRECTORY}. Either that or a checkbox there which would disable the text in the editor.

The reason I ask is that I’m building a number of apps on different machines at the moment and they all use a single set of JUCE modules. I keep the projects in sync using Git but every time I switch machine I have to open up the Introjucer project, work out the relative path for that machine and re-save the project. Having this setting would bypass all that.

Thanks for listening.

Not sure, TBH… Do the IDEs allow env variables in their paths?

I was thinking more of an Introjucer environment variable that would get evaluated when it generates the project.

I think you should suck it up and just include JUCE directly in each of your repositories using git-subtree.

Maybe but the point I’m trying to make is that this value is already included in the Introjucer somewhere, all I’m asking for is a way to expose it within the application.

I like the fact that I can do a single “git pull” on my master JUCE repo, open each of my projects, press build and check everything is compatible. Having to pull in all the JUCE changes to a repo adds an extra, unnecessary step. For big projects I do include a local copy of JUCE.

Vinn, you’re the main proponent for allowing JUCE to be used with existing workflows and I don’t think this is an obtrusive change and could be completed quite easily.