Is MultiOutSynth supposed to send output to multiple channels?

The subject says it all, and a picture paints a 1000 words :arrow_down_small:

I’d have expected audio to appear across each channel. So is there something broken with the MultiOutSynth, or is it just the clown on this who can’t set it up right?

Gentle bump :grimacing: The reason I’m asking about this is that I have a multichannel synth that works fine in Reaper but not in Logic? So I fired up the example that comes with JUCE, assuming it will serve as a good template, only to find I can’t even get it to work in Reaper let alone Logic :thinking:

It looks to me like the demo has one stereo output per midi channel. Midi inputs on the first channel trigger output on the first stereo pair, midi inputs on the second channel trigger output on the second stereo pair, and so on. When I change the dropdown in the bottom right corner of the pianoroll to a different midi channel, I see audio output on the corresponding stereo audio output.

Thanks @reuk Strange, as this doesn’t work for me.

Either with the piano roll, or the virtual MIDI keyboard. I built the plugin using JUCE v6.0.1 Perhaps I should try with the latest dev tip?

I don’t think anything’s changed in this area recently, but it wouldn’t hurt to try with the latest develop.

Other than that I’m not sure what to suggest, other than double-checking the routing here. To test, I followed the steps from your first video, then changed the midi channel using the pianoroll dropdown - perhaps it’s worth trying the same thing in a fresh project, if you haven’t already.

Thanks again for getting back to me. I must be doing something wrong here as what you describe simply isn’t working for me. I’ll build with the latest dev tip and see if that helps. Cheers.

Just a follow up on this, I tried in Logic to send MIDI data on the various channels and it works as expected. That’s good enough for me :+1: