JUCE 5 and Projucer system requirements

Hi, new here. I’ve tried searching for the min requirements to use Juce and Projucer on a Mac, but have not been able to find them. Can someone point me to the relevant information?

Thanks,

• Stephen

I think as long as you’ve got Xcode 8 or 9 then whatever system you’re running should be fine.

There’s also the ability to run Projucer itself. For example, OSX 10.6.8 cannot run Projucer 5.3.2 I just found out.

So now I’m trying to find out what the cheapest Mac I can buy which will let me run Projucer 5.3.2. The downloads and release info pages don’t mention the minimum required version of OSX.

There was another breaking change from MacBook4,2 to MacBook5,2 in 2008-2009. The MacBooks before 5 are limited to OSX Lion (10.7). I don’t know the reasons, maybe GateKeeper had an impact, so that they felt they had to drop backward compatibility.
Personally I would avoid anything before MacBook5 from 2009. The later ones all can run to the latest OSX, so they should be fine.
I haven’t read anything about 10.14 Moyave though, but I think they would have published, if the current MacBooks would no longer support that.

Oh okay, thanks. (I’m still new to the mac world.)