juce_VST3ManifestHelper.mm cannot be found

Hello,

I am trying to run the demo project from the “Creating Synthesizer Plug-ins with C++ and Juce” book, which includes a link to a GitHub repo to clone. When I try to build the project as a VST3 file, I get this error:

/Users/henryvandermillen/Documents/GitHub/synth-plugin-book/Finished Project/Builds/MacOSX/~/JUCE/modules/juce_audio_plugin_client/VST3/juce_VST3ManifestHelper.mm Build input file cannot be found: ‘/Users/henryvandermillen/Documents/GitHub/synth-plugin-book/Finished Project/Builds/MacOSX/~/JUCE/modules/juce_audio_plugin_client/VST3/juce_VST3ManifestHelper.mm’. Did you forget to declare this file as an output of a script phase or custom build rule which produces it?

It looks like it is trying to look within the JUCE folder on my disk, but instead is looking locally within the project file, and is not finding it there. How do I make it search the correct folder?

What version of JUCE are you using? (Also, did you install an older version of JUCE on your computer previously?)

I am using version 7.0.10, but I previously had 7.0.9 installed previously.

This looks like something I think was resolved recently. Could you please check the develop branch to see if that works for you?

When you do try the develop branch, make sure to also remove the Builds and JuceLibraryCode folders from the project and do a new export from Projucer.

1 Like