JucePluginDemo Build Error on MacOSX

Hello,

I have downloaded the latest tip of Juce as of today and I wanted to build the JuceDemoPlugin on Mac OSX with XCode. I simply went to the plugin folder in the extras, opened the project with XCode and hit Build but I am getting a strange error I don’t know how to fix.
The error is

Build JuceDemoPlugin of project JuceDemoPlugin with configuration Debug

Ld build/Debug/JuceDemoPlugin.component/Contents/MacOS/JuceDemoPlugin normal i386
cd "/home/xtrac/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/Builds/MacOSX"
/Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.2 -arch i386 -bundle "-L/home/xtrac/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/Builds/MacOSX/build/Debug" "-F/home/xtrac/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/Builds/MacOSX/build/Debug" -filelist "/home/xtrac/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/Builds/MacOSX/build/JuceDemoPlugin.build/Debug/JuceDemoPlugin.build/Objects-normal/i386/JuceDemoPlugin.LinkFileList" -bundle -framework Cocoa -framework Carbon -framework IOKit -framework CoreAudio -framework CoreMIDI -framework WebKit -framework DiscRecording -framework OpenGL -framework QuartzCore -framework QTKit -framework QuickTime -framework AudioUnit -framework CoreAudioKit -framework AudioToolbox -o "/home/xtrac/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/Builds/MacOSX/build/Debug/JuceDemoPlugin.component/Contents/MacOS/JuceDemoPlugin"

Undefined symbols:
  "juce::Component::getMarkers(bool)", referenced from:
      vtable for JuceVSTWrapper::EditorCompWrapperin juce_VST_Wrapper-4EEC6CD2420BB4AE.o
      vtable for JuceAUView::ComponentInHIViewin juce_AU_Wrapper.o
      vtable for EditorCompHolderin juce_AU_Wrapper.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

The only thing I set was the path to the vst2.4 folder in my XCode project…
I am using XCode 3.2.6 on OSX 10.6.7
Has anyone encountered this or know what does it mean?

Looks like you’ve got some kind of messed-up combination of new and old juce versions going on there…

Yeah maybe I did… I downloaded juce again with the introjucer and it fixed the previoius problem I think, but now I get this other error:

Build JuceDemoPlugin of project JuceDemoPlugin with configuration Debug

CompileC build/JuceDemoPlugin.build/Debug/JuceDemoPlugin.build/Objects-normal/i386/juce_VST_Wrapper-4EEC6CD2420BB4AE.o ../../../../../../juce/src/audio/plugin_client/VST/juce_VST_Wrapper.cpp normal i386 c++ com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_2
setenv LANG en_US.US-ASCII
/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 -x c++ -arch i386 -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -fasm-blocks -O0 -Wreturn-type -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wparentheses -Wswitch -Wunused-variable -D_DEBUG=1 -DDEBUG=1 -DJUCE_ObjCExtraSuffix=JuceDemo -DJUCER_XCODE_MAC_F6D2F4CF=1 -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -gdwarf-2 -iquote "/home/xtrac/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/Builds/MacOSX/build/JuceDemoPlugin.build/Debug/JuceDemoPlugin.build/JuceDemoPlugin-generated-files.hmap" "-I/home/xtrac/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/Builds/MacOSX/build/JuceDemoPlugin.build/Debug/JuceDemoPlugin.build/JuceDemoPlugin-own-target-headers.hmap" "-I/home/xtrac/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/Builds/MacOSX/build/JuceDemoPlugin.build/Debug/JuceDemoPlugin.build/JuceDemoPlugin-all-target-headers.hmap" -iquote "/home/xtrac/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/Builds/MacOSX/build/JuceDemoPlugin.build/Debug/JuceDemoPlugin.build/JuceDemoPlugin-project-headers.hmap" -Wreorder "-F/home/xtrac/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/Builds/MacOSX/build/Debug" "-I/home/xtrac/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/Builds/MacOSX/build/Debug/include" -I/home/xtrac/SDKs/vstsdk2.4 -I/Developer/Extras/CoreAudio/PublicUtility -I/Developer/Extras/CoreAudio/AudioUnits/AUPublic/Utility "-I/home/xtrac/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/Builds/MacOSX/build/JuceDemoPlugin.build/Debug/JuceDemoPlugin.build/DerivedSources/i386" "-I/home/xtrac/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/Builds/MacOSX/build/JuceDemoPlugin.build/Debug/JuceDemoPlugin.build/DerivedSources" -c "/home/xtrac/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/Builds/MacOSX/../../../../../../juce/src/audio/plugin_client/VST/juce_VST_Wrapper.cpp" -o "/home/xtrac/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/Builds/MacOSX/build/JuceDemoPlugin.build/Debug/JuceDemoPlugin.build/Objects-normal/i386/juce_VST_Wrapper-4EEC6CD2420BB4AE.o"

In file included from /home/xtrac/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/Builds/MacOSX/../../../../../../juce/src/audio/plugin_client/VST/juce_VST_Wrapper.cpp:68:
/home/xtrac/SDKs/vstsdk2.4/public.sdk/source/vst2.x/audioeffectx.cpp: In member function 'virtual void AudioEffectX::resume()':
/home/xtrac/SDKs/vstsdk2.4/public.sdk/source/vst2.x/audioeffectx.cpp:307: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'

PhaseScriptExecution "Copy to the different plugin folders" build/JuceDemoPlugin.build/Debug/JuceDemoPlugin.build/Script-06539322921079C10A447670.sh

(THIS LIST IS ACTUALLY VERY LONG)
setenv ACTION build
setenv ALTERNATE_GROUP retd
setenv ALTERNATE_MODE u+w,go-w,a+rX
setenv ALTERNATE_OWNER xtrac

setenv SED /usr/bin/sed
setenv SEPARATE_STRIP NO
setenv SEPARATE_SYMBOL_EDIT NO

setenv XCODE_VERSION_ACTUAL 0400
setenv XCODE_VERSION_MAJOR 0400
setenv XCODE_VERSION_MINOR 0400
setenv YACC /Developer/usr/bin/yacc
setenv ZERO_LINK NO
setenv i386 YES

/bin/sh -c "\"/home/xtrac/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/Builds/MacOSX/build/JuceDemoPlugin.build/Debug/JuceDemoPlugin.build/Script-06539322921079C10A447670.sh\""

Copying to AudioUnit folder...
cp: /home/xtrac/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/JuceDemoPlugin.component: No such file or directory
sed: /home/xtrac/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/JuceDemoPlugin.component/Contents/PkgInfo: No such file or directory
sed: /home/xtrac/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/JuceDemoPlugin.component/Contents/Info.plist: No such file or directory
Copying to VST folder...
cp: /home/xtrac/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/JuceDemoPlugin.vst: No such file or directory
sed: /home/xtrac/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/JuceDemoPlugin.vst/Contents/PkgInfo: No such file or directory
sed: /home/xtrac/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/JuceDemoPlugin.vst/Contents/Info.plist: No such file or directory

Anything other than a plugin actually compiles and runs smoothly. It’s just for building an audio plugin. I tried also just making a new project with the introjucer, opening it in XCode, setting the vstsdk path and hitting build and I get the same (or similar) error to this one trying to build the jucePluginDemo.
Am I missing something?

It’s failing to copy the finished bundle, but I can’t really tell why. You’d need to do some digging to see what’s going on in there.