Thank you for all the comments on the new licensing options. We are lucky to have a great community of independent developers - the most vocal here, no doubt! - and we do care about your needs and requirements, as the core JUCE community. As pointed by many, the success of JUCE owes a lot to your engagement here on the JUCE forum, and beyond this, when you recommend it to your friends and colleagues.
We were surprised to see how many of the regular forum posters were disgruntled by the changes, and we are going to work harder to continue to deserve your trust. We will discuss internally if we need to accommodate differently the needs of open source, indie and enterprise developers. In particular, we will consider the case of customers who don't need priority support and don't need the Projucer.
In answer to the many comments on the forum, it appears useful to clarify a few points:
1. The price of a license for a single developer targeting Mac, Windows, Linux, and deploying VST, AU and AAX is USD $999 for a perpetual license, or USD $49 per month
2. The license includes the Projucer, the first real-time C++ compiler
3. The license includes priority support
4. Upgrades start at USD $599
5. The license price for a single developer for Mac, Windows, Linux, and any plug-ins, in perpetuity, costs less than the previous license (GBP £663 vs GBP £699)
6. We have rolled out 4 months of improvement to accelerate deployment on Android, and feel it's justified to charge extra for that
7. We are continuously improving support for iOS and also feel it's justified to charge extra for that
8. JUCE's offer for cross platform deployment is still considerably cheaper than other frameworks
9. We'll continuously add features and improve the framework faster than ever before
Please don't hesitate to let us know on this thread how you think we can improve the offer, or contact us directly, either through the forum message service, or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to discuss your particular case.