Licensing queries, for closed source

Hi,
I’ve developed a 1500-lines script using Protoplug and aim to transform it into a closed-source VST. Using Juce would seem the best option, if the licence wasn’t a bit dissuasive.

Regarding the Personal license could you clarify what a “funding limit” actually means ? Does money coming from selling a house or from an inheritance, count as a “funding” ?

Regarding the Indie License, could you clarify the “minimum one month commitment”? Specifically, could I utilize the “personal free” license and then switch to the Indie License only when I build my VST? Or does it entail a monthly fee for as long as I distribute my VST?

Moving beyond licensing concerns, there are other factors for me to consider. In particular, I’m hopeful that transitioning to JUCE would improve significantly the performance of my script. When I play music, my DSP effect, has a CPU use of 35% in a single thread, and I suppose that’s not acceptable.

Thank You

Regarding the Personal license could you clarify what a “funding limit” actually means ? Does money coming from selling a house or from an inheritance, count as a “funding” ?

Yes. We recognise that this situation is a little awkward, and we will be removing this clause in JUCE 8 amongst a handful of other changes to simplify our EULA.

Or does it entail a monthly fee for as long as I distribute my VST?

You would need to maintain a subscription for as long as you were distributing your VST.