Live-compiler 'memory' file not found errors in XCode9 but not XCode8

i’m getting the old ‘memory’ file not found error reports - when turning on live-compile in the latest 5.1 PROJUCER - when using the XCode9 beta 3. This is in both the master branch and in develop.

When I rebooted from a different partition which has the older XCode8 installed , live-compile works fine. no errors.
Both partitions had the same version of OSX installed - namely macOS Sierra.

I’d prefer to stick with XCode9 if at all possible.

Any chance this can be looked at and fixed in the develop branch soon ?

XCode 9 probably has a different path to the system headers. I’m downloading the beta now and will try to get a fix out soon.

I can’t see any obvious differences in how the headers are included. You will need to rename the application to XCode from XCode-beta though as the live-build engine searches for the OS-specific files there. Perhaps that’s the issue?

Yes - renaming to Xcode does seem to have got rid of that particular error message but now i’m getting new errors both in my juicer project - AND in the JUCE Demo app project when attempting live-compile as follows - basically all to do with nulllablity:

error: /Users/dstenning/Developer/JUCE-develop/examples/Demo/JuceLibraryCode/include_juce_audio_devices.mm: nullability specifier ‘_Nullable’ cannot be applied to non-pointer type ‘uuid_t’ (aka ‘unsigned char [16]’)

include_juce_audio_formats

error: /Users/dstenning/Developer/ChordSink/JuceLibraryCode/include_juce_audio_formats.mm: nullability specifier ‘_Nullable’ cannot be applied to non-pointer type ‘uuid_t’ (aka ‘unsigned char [16]’)

Should be fixed with commit 6d1a0ac.

1 Like

the - nulllablity - bug error messages seem to have come back in beta 6. I’ve renamed the app to Xcode too.