Modular idea and some VST/AU/RTAS questions

Guys, I want to do the following: have on plugin which will be a LFO and another plugin which will be a filter. It could be in VST, AU or RTAS format. Them, I load both plugins inside my modular-plugin, and the LFO output can be selected to go to any of the Envelope parameters. The idea is to have the LFO process(), for example, 128 sample-frames. Them, get the LFO output and send to any of the Envelope parameters.

Now, some questions. Can I input one plugin with a list of automation that is in sync with the sample-frames?

If I create an AU MAC plugin, can it load and host MAC VST plugins with Juce? Or I can only host in a plugin what is the plugin format?

Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks for any advice, as I’m still at the very early stages, and I’m pretty sure I’m doing something stupid already… :oops: :expressionless:

If you don’t plan to release each module as separate plug in I don’t see why it would be a good idea to constrain yourself to those plugin format especially as there is no concept of voice in those.
Unless you plan to do a mono synth where you can use the audio output as a control signal I don’t think that’s a good idea.

But to be honest I have no idea on how to make a cross-platform DLL module, so I though I could just use the Juce plugin format, which is easier for me to load and create. :oops: