Newbie help with GUI

Hi!
i’m trying to modify the “hello world” demo plugin and put a simple slider on the GUI using the GUI Editor in Introjucer.
I can add a new component in the files tree but i can’t understand how to insert the stuff in the PluginEditor.cpp.
I don’t understand why the GUI Editor does not work on the PluginEditor.cpp but only if i add a New GUI Component.
But how to integrate the New GUI Component in the PluginEditor.cpp?
sorry for the newbieness :slight_smile:
thanks and all the best

The GUI editor can’t just edit any old piece of code that you throw at it, it can only work with files that it generates and manages itself.

What I would do would be to create a GUI component and then add that class to your editor comp as a child. You could create a GUI component and modify its parent class and constructors so that it’s derived from AudioProcessorEditor, but it’s probably cleaner to keep them separate.

[quote=“jules”]The GUI editor can’t just edit any old piece of code that you throw at it, it can only work with files that it generates and manages itself.

What I would do would be to create a GUI component and then add that class to your editor comp as a child. You could create a GUI component and modify its parent class and constructors so that it’s derived from AudioProcessorEditor, but it’s probably cleaner to keep them separate.[/quote]

thanks jules!
a little example? :slight_smile: