Newbie questions

Hi all,

I'm new to JUCE and hoping to get rolling. I'm not yet a C++ guru, but I've been working in it for a few years.

Anyway, I got the introjucer working and started a new plugin project.  It generated PluginProcesser.h/.cpp and PluginEditor.h/.cpp. Great. My question is, are the classes in here supposed to be instatiated somewhere? Before putting too much complex code in, I tried just putting a few cout statements in the constructors, but when I run the code the terminal doesn't output anything.

I scanned the forums and googled tutorials but didn't see anything too helpful.

If it is relevant, I'm on Mac OSX 10.7.5, running Xcode 4.5.1 (I can't upgrade anymore because this computer's a few years old).

Thanks so much in advance,

-Ethan

If you are working with a plugin project, after successful compilation on Xcode, Juce normally copies the generated plugin to your plugins folder (/library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components), this must be loaded by a plugin host app, once it starts, most hosts will load your plugin, and then should your cout statements appear in xcode output window.

Don't use cout, use juce DBG("message");

If you are just starting with juce, first go for a console app, then a gui app, and then a plug-in app, by then you should have it clearer.