Novice with Juce And Code::Blocks,

Can I compile Juce Library (to create static library) with Code::Blocks?

If it is possible, how to make it?

I create an open black project in Code::Blocks
What are the folder/files I need to attach to to the project?
What are the compiler/linker options to use?
etc, etc, etc…

(sorry for my bad english)

Thanks in advance

Why do we get so many people coming on here saying “I’m a beginner and I’m trying to use code::blocks”?? If you’re a beginner, what madman told you that it’d be a good idea to use code::blocks!?

Get Visual C++ 2010 (it’s free!) and don’t make your life more difficult that it needs to be!

[quote=“jules”]Why do we get so many people coming on here saying “I’m a beginner and I’m trying to use code::blocks”?? If you’re a beginner, what madman told you that it’d be a good idea to use code::blocks!?

Get Visual C++ 2010 (it’s free!) and don’t make your life more difficult that it needs to be![/quote]

I am a java developer (with Netbeans). And Sonic Core user. I want to learn Juce because the next development from Sonic Core is:

Open Scope:

Any C++ library (e.g. JUCE, QT, VST GUI etc.) can be used

http://sonic-core.net/joomla.soniccore/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=336&lang=us

I ask about using Code::Block because I use normally Code::Blocks (more Lightweight) to learn c/c++ and VST Programming.

If you recommend to me not to complicate my life and pass to visualC then I do it.

Thanks in advance

(Time ago I “play” with previous versions of Juce and Cntrl and VC 2008, all OK).

I was recommending that because IMHO it’s less complicated!

A few years ago I did attempt to support mingw, but the compiler was so out-of-date and the libraries so limited that I eventually just gave up, as it was too much trouble to try to stay compatible.

Ok, thanks

[quote=“jules”]
A few years ago I did attempt to support mingw, but the compiler was so out-of-date and the libraries so limited that I eventually just gave up, as it was too much trouble to try to stay compatible.[/quote]
They have improved that a lot, now they have gcc 4.5 and a decent pthread library.
The pro is that since it’s gcc, the same code works on every platform.
However, the remaining con is that the debugger is very painful under windows (think of it as standard gdb with a 2.0 blood pressure).

So, unless they make good progress in the “debugging” area, you better stick with VS2010 or VS2008 (which is more feature complete in the express edition).