Projucer projects do not build in Xcode 11

To reproduce:

• Start a new gui project
  • Enable hardened runtime
  • Select release
  • Build
rocessProductPackaging "" /Users/rrabien/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Test-hcolbrqkrtnsbhcbrkuxaeahehpe/Build/Intermediates.noindex/Test.build/Release/Test\ -\ App.build/Test.app.xcent
    cd /Users/rrabien/dev/Test/Builds/MacOSX

Entitlements:

{
    "com.apple.security.get-task-allow" = 1;
}

builtin-productPackagingUtility -entitlements -format xml -o /Users/rrabien/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Test-hcolbrqkrtnsbhcbrkuxaeahehpe/Build/Intermediates.noindex/Test.build/Release/Test\ -\ App.build/Test.app.xcent

warning: Falling back to contents of entitlements file "Test.entitlements" because it was modified during the build process. Modifying the entitlements file during the build is unsupported.error: The file “Test.entitlements” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.

Does it compile in the projucer ?

You have to select one of Hardened Runtime Options in Projucer and it will work. Without any option selected there is no entitlements file.

Edit: I had this problem earlier, did as described above and it compiled ok. With another project I’ve got the same error and cannot do it again.

Ok, now I’ve got it working again. I just closed XCode and Projucer, reopened everything, resaved and now it’s ok.

We are having the same problem with one of our projects. I put a skeleton entitlements file alongside the Xcode project which made it build and I was able to run it.

However this needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

Thank you for reporting.

1 Like

Thank you for providing a fix so quickly!