Projucer vs VS2019 Property Settings

Hey there

I’m finding that each time I “Save and Open in IDE - VS2019”, or even just save a change in Projucer, I have to reset this particular setting (Use Intel MKL) in the App Properties page of VS2019.

For me, this is getting excruciatingly tedious as it applies to several projects which are all multi-platform, so I rely on Projucer a lot.

How are other people handling this?

With many thanks and best wishes

Jeff

I’ve not used it, but the Projucer docs mention the processor flag JUCE_DSP_USE_INTEL_MKL.

From the documentation:

If this flag is set, then JUCE will use Intel’s MKL for JUCE’s FFT and convolution classes. The folder containing the mkl_dfti.h header must be in your header search paths when using this flag. You also need to add all the necessary intel mkl libraries to the “External Libraries to Link” field in the Projucer.

Thanks @connorreviere, very cool of you to reply so quickly.

Unfortunately that doesn’t seem to work for me. That flag seems to specifically affect the juce_dsp module which I wasn’t using anyway. And in adding it it still doesn’t solve the issue/affect the VS2019 App Properties setting.

I’m starting to think I want to have a post-save “run this command” entry in the exporters. This way I can run (for example) a python script to bang the build directories into shape. I’m finding I need to do this in a few situations, beyond this IntelMKL issue.

I concur. we currently need to run a script to modify our makefiles for our Android build… it would be great to automate this from the Projucer.

1 Like

Does the “Post-Export Shell Command” option in the Projucer not make this possible?

Does the “Post-Export Shell Command” option in the Projucer not make this possible?

That seems not to exist for the Visual Studio 2019 exporter. It does for the macOS one though, @connorreviere

Found “pre” and “post-build command” in the Configurations under VS2019. Unfortunately, these are VS2019 to run pre and post building. Useful, but not really what I’m looking for.

Seems what I’m asking for: Run “CMD on Projucer Save” still has validity. I’ll play with it more later.

That’s exactly what “Post-Export Shell Command (macOS, Linux)” and “Post-Export Shell Command (Windows)” are for:

1 Like

Aaah my mistake I was looking in the Exporter section, and mistakenly at the Post Build Shell Command. Sorry @connorreviere and yes @McMartin, you are both correct.

For anyone later to the party that I am:
The “Post-Export Shell Commands” are under the cog/Project Settings, not under per target Exporters. And the “MacOS/Linux” and “Windows” mentioned I believe refer to the platform environment you are coding in, not the target platform.

Thanks for the input and patience. I will now see about how I can answer my original question and post the results here!

Cheers

Jeff

Hey there

I hacked together a python script that solves what I was asking for at the start of this thread. Thanks to everyone who helped get me on the right track.

vs_modCfg.zip (840 Bytes)

The python script has the usage:
vs_modCfg.py vsProject.vcxproj XMLElementToModify NewValue

Assuming python is registered to your sys env variables you can drop this into Projucer’s Post-Export Shell Command like so:
C:\stuff\vs_modCfg.py %%1%%\Builds\VisualStudio2019\myJuceApp_App.vcxproj UseIntelMKL Parallel

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers

Jeff