Projucer's live build and std::deque

Hi all!

I have been experimenting with Projucer’s live build feature and I stumbled across a strange error. My project builds fine on XCode 7.3.1.

I have a member of type std::deque< String >, which causes a live build compiler error complaining with the following error:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include/c++/v1/deque: incompatible operand types (‘int’ and ‘juce::String *’)

same thing happens when I try std::string or any other template argument…

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Konrad

Hi Konrad,

This is weird, I’ll take a look into it and get back to you.

Ed

I’m having this same problem described in this posting. Was it ever resolved? I just subscribed to a Juce license so I could use Live Build but not having any success with it. It won’t build my project because it’s complaining of errors in the LLVM Compiler Library, in std::deque. My project builds fine in xcode.

The error is "incompatible operand types (‘int’ and ‘int *’) "

at three places in this file:

//===---------------------------- deque -----------------------------------===//
// The LLVM Compiler Infrastructure
// This file is dual licensed under the MIT and the University of Illinois Open
// Source Licenses. See LICENSE.TXT for details.
//===----------------------------------------------------------------------===//

Is there any way to get the Live Build complier to ignore this error? Or another workaround?

This projucer was built off the develop branch as of March 17/2017 but the problem also occurs on the master branch, version 4.3.1.

Could someone reply to this? It makes Live Build unusable for my application.

I just need a way to get Live Build to ignore this error.

I havent been able to resolve the issue myself… Ed didnt have the time to
get back to me yet… if its any help you might try juce’s abstract Fifo
class instead of std::deque.

Thanks Konrad. I’ll look at the juce abstract Fifo although I’m reluctant to change code that works perfectly.

It’s a pretty serious problem with Live Build if there’s no way to get it to ignore irrelevant build problems…