Reference to 'AudioBuffer' is ambiguous

Hello,

I understand that similar topics have been posted before, but I read through both of them and I can’t seem to find a directed solution to fixing the problem. I am incredibly new to JUCE, and this problem occurred while following the tutorial for creating a basic audio/MIDI plugin.

I would appreciate some directions on how to fix this problem, and thank you!

Posting code is often helpful in getting remote diagnoses… :slight_smile:

Where did you get the JUCE code? I think if you are using the latest XCode you need to use JUCE from the develop branch from GitHub. If you use the code on the website it won’t work.

I think if you are using the latest XCode you need to use JUCE from the develop branch from GitHub.

That sounds like the problem. Here’s some more detail:

Yes, I downloaded Xcode today and the JUCE from the website.

Can you please tell me how to use JUCE from the develop branch?

Thank you for your response. Do I clone the repo in the JUCE folder itself, and then switch?

There is no code modified, this is straight out of the box. I’m running AudioPluginHost for the first time, and then this happened.

Turns out that my files were maybe all over the place. It was my mistake to not check this thread, and I downloaded it again from the website. The AudioBuffer error went away, but the now it says that reference to Point is ambiguous.

Will the git clone fix that as well?

I can confirm that everything you said in the post corresponds to my system as well. The modules all show 2020, but building the AudioPluginHost is giving me ‘reference to ‘Point’ is ambiguous’ issues.

My guess is yes. You’ve posted on other threads where that seems to be the case.

The post I linked you to has details. I found it easiest to clone into the default location that JUCE expects.