Signing Demorunner to run on actual device

When I try to build the DemoRunner for a real target (my iPhone) I need to sign the app. I try using my Personal Team account and our company team account but in both cases with no succes. How do I sign the app so I can run it on my iPhone? I have the latest Juce and iOS versions.

What is the exact error you are getting in Xcode?

Hi McMartin. Thank you for your response: The error is: “Code signing is required for product type ‘Application’ in SDK ‘iOS 13.1’”

…and also this warning: ““DemoRunner - App” isn’t code signed but requires entitlements. It is not possible to add entitlements to a binary without signing it.”

AFAIK, this means that no “Development Team ID” was provided in Projucer.

What did you mean by “I try using my Personal Team account and our company team account”?

I mean that I tried to sign the app by using these to teams under Signing & Capabilities -> Team in xCode

I’m usually working on Windows, but I got my hands on a Mac and gave it a try. I was also unable to get anything working by tweaking the settings in Xcode directly.

However, as soon as I filled the “Development Team ID” field in Projucer, I was able to move forward, until Xcode complained with:

Failed to create provisioning profile. There are no devices registered in your account on the developer website. Plug in and select a device to have Xcode register it.

Since I don’t have an iOS device, I couldn’t go further :sweat_smile:

I hope this helps!

For reference, here is where that “Development Team ID” field is located in Projucer: