So I bought a new windows computer

It’s quite good. Was really bored of losing my train of thought while things recompiled.

It’s a second-hand refurb 24 core xeon. And I can confirm that my project builds 5x more quickly than with my PC laptop. Building the Projucer from clean, for reference, because we’ve all done this, is now at about 22 seconds.

And my big project has gone from a 4 minute 30 second compile down to about 40 seconds. So that’s a massive win.

I’m very pleased :slight_smile:

I don’t know how it compares to the new Mac stuff though … my Mac is old.

Anyway … should you also be thinking you’d like to see things run faster, it’s from here… http://www.bargainhardware.co.uk/hp-z620-Refurbished-configure-to-order/

On the other hand, because I did all my testing on a (relatively slow i7) laptop … the software i’m writing is super optimised and runs sooooo quickly on the new system :slight_smile:

Those UK prices seem really low, even if you max the specs right out. I must simply be used to the useless Canadian dollar. :cry:

Like check this: Newegg.ca’s Intel Xeon E5-2670

Well it’s refurb kit - so the pricing is probably fairly arbitrary! I bet they didn’t pay much for the parts…

Hah! Who needs extra optimizing if you develop and test on a slow machine? :wink: