Stand- Alone

Hello,

i am a real beginner in creating VST plugins and also in using C++ as language!
I am coming from the Powerbasic community. The first app I’ve wrote is a editor for Access Music Synthesizer
using Powerbasic. This is just a stand alone application for Windows. If You want to have a look: http://www.solar3d-software.com

Now I want to make this software useable in a DAW (Plugin & Stand- Alone), so I have to learn C++ and Juce.
I could successfully compile the audio demo plugin but I also want to compile an executable file from it.

Could somebody provide some light in how to do that?

I am using VS8 on WinXP. Sorry for asking such boring questions, but i am learning!

Thank you very much!
Joerg

i’m writing a similar program, just that i support more devices, it’s opensource and each controller has a VST and a Standalone version
http://code.google.com/p/ctrlr/

you can get the code and there are projects for each controller so you can just copy it and create your own project.

Hi atom,

Thank you very much for your reply.
Very interesting the stuff you did! It’s exactly what I want to do.
I’ve downloaded some source code from your site and it helps a lot to understand what’s going on behind the scenes.

But I am still wondering how to get a stand alone app compiled. When I look at your JucePluginCharacteristics.h file (coming from the Juno plugin),
then I see that the section

#ifndef JucePlugin_Build_Standalone
#define JucePlugin_Build_Standalone 0
#endif

is set to not compile a stand alone version. So what else setting cause the compile to create the stand alone app.
I’ve played with the compiler setting to create Multithread executables but it didn’t help.
As I told you, I am very new here and need to understand the basics first.

Thank you!
Joerg

you need to define this constant in the build options

Project->Properties->C/C++/Preprocessor->Preprocessor Definitions

the standalone targets are Debug and Release, Debug-VST and Release-VST are the VST configurations. The files are cteated in ctrlr\Bin and ctrlr\Bin\VST.

Thank you,

I’ll give it a try tonight…

Joerg