I’m in the process of porting my project to OSX which for me is a daunting task given the little experience I have on this platform or with Xcode. My first task is to create a standalone from the demo VST plugin, and I’ve already hit a snag. Here’s what I did:
- Build the demo VST/AU plugin to make sure all the paths were ok, it built fine.
- Went to Project->Edit Project Settings->Configuration, duplicated my ‘Debug’ config and renamed it ‘Debug-Standalone’
- In my ‘Debug-Standalone’ settings I went to user-defined settings and added JucePlugin_Build_Standalone 1
- Also in ‘Debug-Standalone’ settings I set ‘Executable Extension’ to .app
- I made sure JucePlugin_Build_Standalone is set to 1 in my jucePluginCharacteristics.h
- Wrote a added simple JUCEApplication dervied class that creates a StandaloneFilterWindow. (described here:http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4895&hilit=standalone#p26376)
It get’s through the compilation and linking fine but my application juce won’t start. I’m pretty sure it’s not building a proper standalone(based largely on the fact that most of the steps outlined above are rooted in complete guess work!). How do I tell Xcode not to build a library but a standalone as one does in MSVC? I’m probably missing other things too so if anyone could fill in the gaps above I’d really appreciate it.