The JUCE Team is Recruiting
This is either a full-time, permanent, UK-based remote working position or a long-term opportunity for a contractor available during UK working hours.
We are looking for an experienced and self-driven C++ developer to join the JUCE team.
JUCE is the most well established and widest known framework for developing cross-platform audio applications. It is used by some of the world’s leading tech companies as well as educational institutions, start-ups, and bedroom hobbyists. As a member of the JUCE team you will be responsible for planning and introducing new features, keeping pace with underlying changes in operating systems and platforms, and supporting and empowering the community of developers creating JUCE-based software. This role has a very wide remit, across multiple different operating systems, audio plug-in formats and hosts, from low level operations on bits and bytes up to software packaging and distribution, with plenty of scope for personal development.
Our small team and open source codebase enables impactful contributions with a high degree of ownership. Well designed, clean code is essential; you will be deploying code changes to the framework in public and will be responsible for functionality many other software developers will rely upon. Communication with the JUCE community is key, and understanding the requirements of application and plug-in developers is crucial.
The JUCE team operates the annual Audio Developer Conference and are a regular presence at other software developer events.
- A strong understanding of API design and backwards compatibility
- An excellent grasp of C++
- Thorough knowledge of concurrency and real-time audio
- The ability to interact effectively with the wider JUCE community
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with different platforms and developer tools targeting macOS, Windows, Linux, iOS and Android
- Excellent communication skills with developers of all abilities
- Self-motivated, with the ability to effectively prioritise tasks
- Competence with Git
- Knowledge of continuous integration and testing best practices
- Passionate about enabling other software developers
What we offer:
- Contribute to a high visibility open source project
- Impactful work
- A small, collaborative team
- Flexible working hours
- Great scope for learning
- Your choice of developer tools and hardware
- Travel and conference budget
- Competitive compensation
- 31 days holiday plus UK bank holidays (full-time UK only)
If you think that you are a good fit for this role please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- An up to date CV
- A short cover letter
- A source code sample you are proud of (can be a link to a public repository)
- Your compensation expectations
- Your earliest possible starting date